Liquid Based Cytology (LBC)
Advantages of LBC
- Increased detection rate.
- Increased sensitivity
- Increased specificity.
- Never unsatisfactory samples.
- HPV co-testing. HPV DNA can be performed on same
- llHPV-HR detection by CE-IVD approved kit
- Multiplex real-time PCR utilizing DPQTM and TOCE™ technologies
- Quantitative analysis by cyclic-CMTA
- Amenable to automated sample handling and assay systems
- Utilization of the UDG system to prevent carry-over contamination
- Whole Process Control for assay validity (Internal Control )
- Convenient data interpretation by the Seegene Viewer
Persistent infection with the human papillomavirus (HPV) is the principal cause of cervical cancer and its precursor cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN). (1-3). Data suggest that 14 of these types (HPV types 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 66, and 68) are considered high risk (HR) for the development of cervical cancer and its precursor lesions. Furthermore, HPV types 16 and 18 have been regarded as the genotypes most closely associated with progression to cervical cancer. Nucleic acid (DNA) testing by PCR has become a standard, noninvasive method for determining the presence of a cervical HPV infection