The Centre has the most advanced iE33, intelligent echo-cardiography and ultrasound colour Doppler system. The machine uses X Matrix prob ( < 9000 piezoelectric Crystals) breakthrough pure wave single crystal probes to give you unparalleled images. The machine has Philips Q-Lab Software for Myocardial Strain Analysis, Colour Kinetics, Velocity Vector Imaging, TDI, Speckle Tracking is etc. The latest Myocardial Contrast facility to study Myocardial Perfusion is available with us only and is not available in any other Centre or Hospital in the city. This imaging tool assesses myocardial perfusion that identifies the hypo / non-vascular areas of the heart. With this machine, one can see the apex of the heart very clearly which is not seen with other machines.
It is a study of anatomy and function of the heart. Echocardiography is done on fully digital 3D colour doppler machines with comprehensive echocardiography and stress echocardiography package. Echocardiography is useful in various diseases such as congenital heart abnormalities such as holes and other complex abnormalities; congenital and acquired valvular diseases of the heart; evaluation of murmurs in heart, enlargement of heart, high blood pressure, heart attack, to look for clots in heart, to exclude endocarditis in patients with prolonged fever, fluid collection around heart, myocardial strain analysis, myocardial perfusion etc. Echocardiography is done by Cardiologist. Prior appointment is advised.
TMT ( Treadmill Test )
It is a a stress test in which the patient walks on a moving treadmill while the heart and breathing rates are monitored.
This is useful for evaluating the heart in cases as given below:
- To evaluate for Coronary Artery Disease
- After heart attack for risk stratification
- Routine evaluation of men after 40 years
- Men and women with multiple risk factors such as smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, family history of obesity or increased cholesterol levels
- To assess functional capacity, to evaluate arrhythemias or pulse irregularities such as ectopics/WPW syndrome etc
- Functional evaluation in valvular heart diseases such as AR/AS etc
Coronary CT Angiographyâ€‹
128-Slice Dual Source Dual Energy CT scanner with Dual energy applications, the latest generation in a line of CT scanners, is revolutionizing non-invasive cardiac angiography tool. The technology has been particularly exciting for studying the beating heart, providing the clear non-invasive images of the heart and its major vessels. The scans can be timed to use only images gathered between contractions so that the heart and its vessels can be seen without the blurring caused by motion.
Holter is a prolonged ( 24 hrs or so) record of ECG. This provided more comprehensive study of electrical activity in heart that may not be apparent in routine ECG.
Holter is indicated for the evaluation of:
- Coronary Artery Disease & Silent ischaemia.
- Evaluation of different types of cardiac diseases like Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, atrial tachycardia, sinus tachycardia, evaluation of WPW syndrome/LGL syndrome/QT prolongation syndrome, Ventricular/atrial ectopics, sinus pauses, SA block evaluation.
- Post Infarction risk stratification.