Pathology advisors or pathologists as they are commonly known are specialist doctors who, after conducting tests give their report of an infection or disease from which a patient is suffering from. Their judgment is backed by inspections of samples of the patient’s blood, urine, feces, or other body materials. If you find that you need to get some tests done, you can search for pathology services in Gurgaon.
In a normal case scenario, when you go to a doctor for something that is disturbing you physically, the doctor will order tests in order to determine what is wrong with you based on the symptoms that you exhibit. The tests will be carried out by a pathologist or a pathology consultant as they are sometimes called. With the help of this pathology service, your doctor will interpret the test results and accurately diagnose your medical condition.
All lab tests will include the extraction of different and several samples taken from you. These samples can be urine, blood, feces, or even skin and tissue samples obtained from a biopsy. As soon as the pathologist receives the sample, he/she can study it and present their report to the doctor.
More than 80% of doctors depend on the findings that arrive from the pathology laboratory. If the pathologist submits a report indicating that you have a disease, then the doctor will treat you for it on the basis of the pathology report’s findings.
After the initial diagnosis, there will be more tests conducted to find out if you are responding to the treatment positively. If the pathologist finds out that your specimen is exhibiting good signs of a gradual recovery, then your doctor will continue with the same course of treatment. On the other hand, if your sample specimen is not found to have signs of recovery, the doctor will tweak the medicine or change to another mode of treatment as he best sees fit.
A pathologist has three distinct modes of specialization. Anyone pathologist may be an expert in all three. They are histopathology, cytology, and post-mortems. Of these, histopathology is the crux of the matter. This branch is concerned with giving feedback regarding the diseases that are revealed through tests of tissue samples from the patient. Cytology is another branch of pathology that analyzes the cells of the patient as obtained from cell cultures or cervical smears. Pathologists also conduct post-mortems to analyze the cause of death and to rule out any foul play. These post mortems are either ordered by the doctor or legal authorities like the police.
Common Pathology Services in Gurgaon are the following;
- Blood bank
- Bone marrow examination
- Surgical pathology
- Clinical consultation
- Oncological tests
- Laboratory administration
- Second opinion consultants
- Cancer diagnosing
There are 5 different zones of activity in Pathology, let us take a look at them;
- Chemical Pathology: This subdivision is also called clinical chemistry, clinical biochemistry, or even medical biochemistry. It is concerned with accurate lab analysis of samples and the interpretation of different tests of a biochemical nature. This branch of pathology is crucial for the diagnosis as well as management of different lifestyle diseases like kidney disease, diabetes, or lipid profile abnormalities. Chemical pathologists have to spot on in their analysis as the lives of patients depend on their results.
- Hematology: This field is a major specialty and has laboratory work as an inherent aspect. Hematology is crucial for diagnosing and management of different conditions like hemophilia and leukemia.
- Histopathology: Histopathology happens to be a specialty in pathology, concerning itself with examining body tissue samples and also the prognosis of many different conditions that the patient may be having. Based on the findings of histopathologists, doctors decide their course of treatment.
- Immunology: Immunology concerns itself with the study of immunodeficiency, different kinds of allergy, and autoimmune disorders. Laboratory testing by immunologists can give valuable information as to the diagnosis as well as the management of different conditions that can have an effect on the immune system.
- Microbiology: This is also a specialization for pathologists who focus on the diagnosis and treatment of different infectious diseases. Perhaps you know that there are four different organisms causing infections. They are bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi. Microbiologists provide crucial advice on the prevention of infections as well as the treatment of patients. There are other microbiologists who work in pathological laboratories, studying organisms to come up with new types of treatment.
Functional pathology is a relatively new field where the state of the organs of the body and their biochemical functioning are studied, as well as taking note of nutritional imbalances and deficiencies. Functional pathology not only determines the present health status of the patient but additionally provides valuable information as to how complications to the health can be prevented.
If you feel that you are in need of a checkup because you are not feeling well, the doctor will check you for symptoms of different illnesses and thereafter ask for tests to be done at a pathological unit. It is very important that you choose the best pathology services in Gurgaon for dependable testing.
Book an online appointment for some of the common clinical pathology services at MDRC India, one of the best pathology services providers in Gurgaon.