MRI Scan is a painless and modern imaging procedure to examine internal organs. Intense radio waves and electromagnetic pulses power magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) to provide sharp digital pictures of internal organs. It is the most widely used technique to diagnose and identify internal body issues. This technique effectively determines abnormalities in organs like the liver, brain, kidney, joints, spinal cord, lungs, and chest.
Why do you need an MRI Scan?
MRI Scan helps in identifying and diagnosing various critical health conditions like –
- Injuries in the spinal cord
- Brain injuries
- Bone infection
- Liver or kidney disease
- Heart disease
- Blockage in blood vessels
It is also recommended before surgery to get a close insight into problem areas and track progress during surgery.
How much does MRI Scan cost in Gurgaon?
The actual cost of an MRI scan varies from patient to patient. It entirely depends upon the type of MRI scan you need and location. Your doctor may recommend different types of tests to inspect organs like the abdomen, brain, KUB, PNS, knee, etc.
How many types of MRI scans are available in Gurgaon?
At MDRC India, we use fully digital TIM (Total Image Matrix) MRI technology to provide high-quality images of various organs without contrast, such as the neck, brain, chest, spinal cord, joints, abdomen, heart, arteries and veins, and even blood vessels. Here are some of the most common MRI options available –
- Functional MRI or fMRI – It helps neurosurgeons map the areas in your brain that are functioning well. Neuro-physicians can track the blood circulation in your nervous system to detect tumors and diagnose a stroke.
- Magnetic Resonance Venography (MRV) – This test provides insights into the blood circulation in your veins. With this test, doctors can detect blockage to the blood flow in your veins which may cause aneurysms, heart stroke, or vascular disease.
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) – It consists of MRI-based techniques to picture blood vessels with IV contrast. This way, doctors can detect potential abnormalities like occlusions, stenosis, and aneurysms.
- Cardiac MRI – Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance or Cardiac MRI helps a doctor diagnose heart conditions like cardio-myopathies, ventricular disorders, coronary artery diseases, thrombus disorders, and pericardial diseases.
What to Expect Before Going for an MRI Scan?
Since an MRI scan is a painless technique, you don’t have to do anything much. However, your doctor may ask you to fast for several hours before going for this imaging test when the contrast dye will be deployed. It is required for more detailed insight into the affected organ in your body. You also have to leave any metal or specific objects behind. Any metallic implants like clips, pacemakers, metal joints, artificial heart valves, and body piercings are also not supported.
As per the target body part or organ, the MRI scan procedure will vary. The lab will provide a gown that you may want to wear before the process. The MRI scanner has enlarged magnets on either side, and you will pass through a large tube. The patient lies flat on the table, and it slides them smoothly into the machine. The curved magnets will rotate and develop powerful magnetic pulses into the body.
The machine will capture the electromagnetic fields and send the data for processing into a special computer. A radiologist will be there in another room, but they will see you from outside. They will guide you through the procedure with speakers and a microphone. The whole procedure takes up to 90 minutes.
Are there any risks associated with MRI Scan?
There is nothing to worry about the MRI scan as it is relatively safer than other imaging procedures where radiation is used to scan the internal organs. There are no severe complications related to MRI scans, despite some limitations. But if this procedure involves contrast dye, some allergic reactions might happen. Overall, there are no other risks associated with MRI.
Why is MRI scans highly recommended by doctors?
There are some benefits of MRI scans –
- Non-Invasive – It is one of the safest diagnostic procedures as it doesn’t expose patients to radiation. It is mostly safe for sensitive patients and pregnant women.
- Early detection of conditions – It is another great advantage of an MRI scan. It can quickly capture any abnormality and medical conditions in your body at a very early stage. Other methods may not detect early symptoms so efficiently.
Doctors can track any change in the size and shape of a tumor, organ, or lesion before treatment. It is also helpful to detect potential heart stroke by giving signs in some organs like blood flow changes.
- Early detection of tumors – Some cancer-causing tumors can invade tissues around them, grow, and expand to affect other organs in your body. This way, the MRI can find those tumors before they even develop. With those results, doctors can provide the best treatment and save lives.
Book an online appointment for a modern imaging procedure to examine internal organs at MDRC India, one of the best MRI scan centers in Gurgaon.